I am heartsick and devastated. I have always thought that there was more love in the world than hate but I found out differently tonight. It’s going to take me some time to get used to this new reality.
I am ashamed to be an American tonight. We are no longer the greatest country in the world, and won’t be for some time to come. We may achieve that again, but we have some dark days ahead.
So I came up with an idea of how I am going to survive the next 4 years.
I AM GOING TO BUILD MY OWN DAMN WALL.
and here’s how it looks.
- I will never refer to him as president. He’s not MY president. Y’all who used to say that about Obama…get used to it.
- When I travel I am going to start telling people I am Canadian. After all, they are kind, nice and civilized people. And we aren’t.
- I am turning off most media starting now. I don’t want to see his face or hear his voice or hear the countless second guessing. The media helped create this monster, so I am pissed at them too. I don’t really need to know what is going on, day by day. It’s going to be mostly bad, so why do I need to hear about it?
- We have certain values behind my wall so only people who reflect those values will be let in. Values like kindness, compassion, tolerance, and acceptance.
- Behind my wall there is love and joy and art and creativity. We support each other and inspire each other.
- Behind my wall we embrace people of all races, religions, sexual preferences and identities.
- We only allow intelligent and reasoned thought behind my wall.
- We don’t talk about him behind my wall. We don’t think about him much, behind my wall. There are better and more positive things to think about. And frankly, I have already spent more time thinking about him than I should have in an entire lifetime.
- And finally, I refuse to let my day to day life be affected by his presidency, whenever possible. He may have won the popular vote because we have so many ignorant people in this country, but he hasn’t won the right to be a significant part of MY life.
- EDIT December 7, 2016. He DIDN’T win the popular vote after all. I wrote this at 3am the night of the elections, before all the votes were counted. Hillary Clinton won 2.6 million more votes than he did. She didn’t lose. We all lost, instead.
I almost threw up this morning when I turned on the news. I thought I must be having some sort of nightmare that I had not snapped out of yet. I am with you my friend. I will stand with you on your side of the wall and let the ignorant fools who chose their leader find out they picked the donkey behind door #2 and let them enjoy all the ramifications of that vote. He is not my president.
Thank you my friend. It’s been a rough rough day. But we are on the right side of history and future historians will not be kind to those who chose him to be their fuhrer. We need to continue the fight.
But he didn’t win the popular vote, just the electoral college vote, WHICH by the way the ones who vote are not bound by law to give the votes to trump….Anyway LOVE your wall and love your words.
You are so right. I wrote this at 3am in the morning, distraught. I had last watched the news 2 hours previously and there were 3 states still not all in. I do need to change this. She DID get the most votes.
Thanks for commenting and your kind words. Kindness still matters, in OUR world.